Forensic professionals are working too hard if they are relying on conventional hard disk oriented forensic tools for flash-based media. Sure, it is possible to recover files using the unallocated space and a data carving tool. Absolutely, with a hex sector display you can stitch together a file from the FAT table by hand. But in today's world almost any case is going to have some kind of flash-based media: USB thumb drive, camera card, phone card, MP3 player, etc.
So why are you working so hard?
Flash Retriever Forensic Edition is a professional tool for examining, recovering and documenting flash-based media. Regardless of what sort of device it plugs into, Flash Retriever Forensic Edition is the tool you need.
There are many consumer-oriented flash recovery products, including one from InfinaDyne. If you don't need professional features, the consumer version will rescue files quickly and easily with an easy-to-use step-by-step user interface. But if you are a professional user you need the expanded capabilities of the Forensic Edition.
Other New Product Features:
- Complete imaging of flash devices in raw format. This can be imported into all major forensic tools. A raw image captured with any tool can also be used within Flash Retriever Forensic Edition.
- Use with EnCase E01 image files.
- Multiple-media support. Simultaneously examine multiple devices and/or image files all within the same session.
- Thumbnail display for photos, including a complete print capability.
- Report Generator
Use all of the knowledge this software has about files to build a report documenting everything you need. Output reports to HTML, CSV or print.
- Support for "raw" camera files
View "raw" camera images directly within the program without requiring additional software. Camera raw images are not displayable by Windows or most image programs without special plug-ins or other software.
- Sector display in hex and character
The contents of individual sectors on the media can be examined.
- MD5 hashing of media, images and individual files
- Support for multi-core CPUs to speed examination.
The main window for Flash Retriever Forensic Edition:
Flash Retriever Forensic Edition is fully compatible with Windows XP SP2 & SP3, Vista, Windows 7 and 8.
Download your free 30-day evaluation version of this new product today. Fill in your email address and click Submit to have the download link emailed to you.